Admission Procedure & Requirements
- The admission form submission process is made online. The web-link for online form submission, guidelines of form submission and other details such the important dates of admission process are available in the College website i.e. www.sibsagarcollege.in and in the Advertisement notice.
- During online form submission, candidates have to submit accurate data about personal information, educational qualification, marks, percentage etc. and the form must be filled in completely. For any falsification the application is liable for rejection.
- Candidates can keep print-out of the application form generated after successful submission.
- Admission to the College is strictly on merit basis and subject to the approval of the authority.
- There is reservation of SC/ST/OBC/DA (Differently Able) students as per Government & University rules. There is also reservation (very limited) for students having outstanding performance in extra-curricular activities in at least inter-college / state-level events.
- Candidates seeking admission against such reserved seats shall have to go through a process of screening to be done by the College Authority on a specified date in which, candidates shall have to submit self-attested copies of the relevant certificates and have to show their originals to the admission committee.
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination earlier than the current year must submit a Gap Certificate regarding their activities during that period, from Govt, recognised institution/court affidavit as per University rule.
- Candidates seeking admission to the College will be interviewed on the specified dates of admission as per advertisement/notification.
- The following documents in 'Original* must be produced at the time of counselling to be held
after commencements of classes:
- Marksheet ofthe last examination passed.
- Provisional pass certificate from the head ofthe institution last attended.
- Gap certificate, if needed.
- Necessary certificates from proper authority in case of reserved seats.
- Application form must be filled completely. Incomplete forms/documents will be rejected.
- No change or swapping of Core Courses and GE Courses in either Science or Arts stream will be allowed once the process of admission is completed. The College Authority shall in no circumstances whatsoever entertain any plea regarding course/ subject change or swapping.
*In case of any dispute related to admission process, the decision of the
Admission Committee/ College Authority will be final & binding upon all